Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfrogger42
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2013

So the new guy from Dragon's Maze. He's running for about $8 each right now, and I'm trying to figure out if he's good. I mean, against control decks, the guy's a total house; blows out Brainstorms and other cantrips, and rips up Jaces and value draw spells. But against Cheaty decks, or just full-on aggro, he seems sooooo weak. I just want to run 4x because I want him to be as bad-ass as Mindcensor. I'm feeling he is not. Thoughts?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSandwich
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013

I'm seeing Notion Thief for $5.99 on StarCity, but honestly I don't think hes even worth that. He's great against Brainstorm and Sylvan Library but he also costs quite a bit at 4 CMC. 3/1 is also pretty awkward. I've seen people running a 1 of Plagiarize in Mystical Teaching control decks, I think hes a fine replacement for Plagiarize, but I don't think he will see much play outside of that. I honestly don't see him seeing much play in any format. I think he was meant as an answer to Sphinx's Revelation in Standard, but I don't even think hes going to be good enough for that. He doesn't do enough outside of that function, costs 4, and 3/1 is awkward.

He'll flush out to below 2 dollars, with possible junk rare status, IMHO.