Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogger42
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012

Actually just a question: is it worth considering? I mean, you can get obv hosers like Cryptic Command pretty easily, though your only nonbasic hate would be Back to Basics. Invoke Prejudice is an auto-include, just based on the fact that card name + that picture never should've been printed (thank you yet again Legends). I think I'd kinda miss not having Green though - Sak Tribe, everything else. Primal Order I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik

No, it's not worth considering. Blue heavy decks are control decks that don't have trouble finding the mana they need. They also won't gain much by playing nonbasic hate... even back to basics isn't all that good. Cheaty Red is good because a) it's an aggro deck that doesn't miss much from the other colors and b) it gets to run blood moon and magus of the moon. That's not to say you couldn't do well by eliminating one or even two colors from a blue control shell, but there's absolutely no good reason to be mono blue in this format.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogger42

That's actually a really good idea, come to think of it. I think red's gonna get the [lava]axe first, as I can prob get better removal in white hosers anyway. Lightning Helix is great, just not teh total bonkers if I feel I can get a ton more consistency. I actually want to cut black out too - hear me out - Contract + a couple tutors are really the only cards that are nuts in that color. The next one's Entomb, which is pretty much a Naturalize with options, and I generally like Quiet Speculation a lot more anyway (hits Loam too, woo hoo grandma). Problem is, I'm coming up reeeeeally short in ways to cheat out both Red and Black, not sure if anyone had suggestions for a cheaty UWG control deck?

I don't even hit 20 now: Gleancrawler, Worm Harvest, Thopter Foundry (wooooot!), Oona??? Fire/Ice of course. Maybe Izzet Guildmage + Vexing Shusher, bleh... no more playables left, as far as I know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik

I'm not contributing to your delinquency.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogger42
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012

And White too.
    I haven't cheated the colors out completely, but I'm only running 1-2 different "hard cards" in each of BWR; so the ever-bonkers Contract and Aven Mindcensor are there, but almost everything else is cheated out. It's "Dishonest UG" as of today, and it even lets me play a couple completely nuts green engines that I'd never had room for before. The deck doesn't rush to hunt down those 3 other colors, and you can always commit to finding one of those splashes based on your opening grip.
    Some playtesting will tell if the high # of basics + manafixing effectively dodges Blood Moon. It loses some power (mostly Lightning Bolt and spot removal), but gets fairly unrealistic mana stability for that trade-off. As of now, I'm pretty sure the list is powerful enough to beat the occasional Goblin Cohort/Cloud Spirit aggro decks out there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogger42
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012

I played about 7-8 games vs Cheaty Red and it looks like the new build trades fairly evenly, prob still a bit in Red's favor (I get my hosers or he doesn't curve well to win). A noticeable improvement from 2 out of 12, so I'm happy on that account.
    It apparently has serious game vs Waterfront Bouncer/ Ravenous Rats.dec. Even through two resolved Contracts - lotta cards for me to win off of Ill-G, rofl.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogger42
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012

BTW Ill-G, I forked the f--- outta that Time Walk, you notice? H-ll with Contract, you didn't even see a Stroke of Genius offa my Manamorphose, you lucky bastard.
    Posted By: frogger42BTW Ill-G, I forked the f--- outta that Time Walk, you notice? H-ll with Contract, you didn't even see a Stroke of Genius offa my Manamorphose, you lucky bastard.

Izzet Guildmage and Vedalken Shackles are awesome in the format.
    Posted By: frogger42The next one's Entomb, which is pretty much a Naturalize with options, and I generally like Quiet Speculation a lot more anyway (hits Loam too, woo hoo grandma).

Spec is cool because you get your goodies AND the Memory's Journey/K.Rec to smash theirs.

Entomb/Animate Dead is one of the cheapest infinite mana combos in Magic. Entomb by itself is still really good for utility, an Incarnation, Loam, or to set up Welder or Will.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIllusions-Go
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2012 edited

Posted By: frogger42Some playtesting will tell if the high # of basics + manafixing effectively dodges Blood Moon. It loses some power (mostly Lightning Bolt and spot removal), but gets fairly unrealistic mana stability for that trade-off. As of now, I'm pretty sure the list is powerful enough to beat the occasional Goblin Cohort/Cloud Spirit aggro decks out there.

Yavimaya Elder and Sakura Tribe Elder are nice against aggression.

The deck seemed really, really good.

Are you running Teferi?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2012

"I'm pretty sure the list is powerful enough to beat the occasional Goblin Cohort/Cloud Spirit aggro decks out there."

Quoted without comment.

No fuck that... you're retarded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogger42
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012

"you're retarded"

Duly noted. I should also mention how rare it is for an experienced troll to take such obvious bait.
    Yes. That Cohort you tore through was poisoned. In a year or two, you'll be posting up decklists cramming 4x Planner Portal and Tutor effects to get said Portal and your "I swear it's a total beating" 5-C black Zombie tribal. Enjoy these last few months before you windmill down Quest for Ula's Temple with a stupid grin. It was an honor, truly sir.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIllusions-Go
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2012 edited

That reminds me to try and build 5C Mono White Rebels.

::</offtopic>::

Frogger - Why don't you get on with it and post a list?