Not signed in (Sign In)
    Shop, Memory Jar, Welder, and last but not least, SLO-BLITERATE.

This deck seems OK. Anyone have it built and care to discuss?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011

I don't want to lose $300 cards in ante.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChimaera
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2011

Ante players are supposed to be hardcore.
    Posted By: DipstikI don't want to lose $300 cards in ante.

Makes sense.

Posted By: ChimaeraAnte players are supposed to be hardcore.

Yeah testing the limits of the format is more interesting to me than winning foil Mind's Eyes off of Johnny Newjack.

However, ante makes things exciting to the point where there's room for 2 different camps in 5C.
    There will be a decklist here eventually...

The 25 card color limit thing made this deck weaker than it used to be "in the day"

Not sure if Metalworker makes the cut anymore. :/
    @Dipstik

Unsleeved as well?

If anyone actually played here I'd make a Highlander 5C unsleeved and play it for ante.
    Wildfire: A hawt beating since 1998.

Myr Incubator: Winnar

Mindslaver: "You running Consult?"

Pentavus: Weld All Day

Razormane Masticore: Rain Down Bolts

Gilded Lotus: Mana Fix.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2011 edited

Wildfire: Costs 6.

Myr Incubator: Costs 12.

Mindslaver: Costs 10

Pentavus: Costs 7

Razormane Masticore: Costs 5 and requires constant discards.

Gilded Lotus: Best card you've suggested.

If you're proposing an ante deck, more power to you, but from your other comments I think you're trying to build a tournament deck. Any deck running these cards would be ripped to shreds by my aggro deck and even harder by a good flash combo or key-vault control deck. I'd go back to the drawing board and ask what your real strategy deck is. I think you want this to be a T1-style workshop aggro deck, but that will never work. You don't consistently draw welders and workshops in a 300 card deck, and the midrange artifact crap that is REALLY good when powered out on turn 2 is worthless if you can't cast it before turn 6. Sorry, but this deck is NOT going to work.

edit: No, I sleeve my 5-color deck because I play good cards, and I don't play highlander. Highlander is bad. We don't need more variant formats to get people to play for ante... we already have 5-color, which is supposed to be played for ante. My ante deck has aether vials and tolarian academy. I recently decided Chaos Orb is too rich for my blood. I once lost a temporal manipulation to Damien, but that was when it was only like 10-15 bucks, not $40.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIllusions-Go
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2011 edited

Dude, I've got 4 MONOLITHS, 4 G.LOTUS, 4 DYNAMOS, 4 KEYS + all the broken stuff and a million ways to find Academy.

That's what this deck does is make insane mana, and on the hurry up tip.

Now, granted it may not be Tier 1 (It very well might), but don't tell me it's not explosive. Turn 3 Kicked Reap and Sow, Turn 4 Tooth or Incubator. Boom!

The shit-kicker is going to be Deed. Deed is Pub En #1 for this deck.

Edit: Absolutely meant for this to be a tournament deck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik

You realize that games end that quickly, right? Flash beats you on turn three EASILY if you have no disruption. Who are you playing against?
    Me, Myself, and I unfortunately until peeps get down with MWS.

Not a fan of Flash-Hulk -> 'Lark Combo, I'd rather lobby Zombor to ban it. Too easy, no creativity, BOORRRING.

If you're going to make a format, the least you could do is make one with a meta where 1 deck isn't obviously better than all the others. Think about all the shuffling work you have to do just to end up with Mirrodin Block Constructed.

Go Go Graveyard Hate.

The Brown Deck will run all the usual disruption, a few counters, and will have many insane plays without stooping to the level of 2 cards in hand, 2 mana, Win. That shit is child's play.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik

Whatever floats your boat... As long as you understand you're playing a B deck.
    Every non-Flash deck is a "B deck" in Tournament 5, I agree.

Sorry pal, you're not getting there with AvenMindcensor.dec either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2011

My aggro deck runs aven mindcensor... that's a fantastic card. I win on turn 4 pretty consistently by beating down with creatures and burn to the dome. You won't resolve a pentavus against me either. Even budget decks like "Cheaty Red" will trounce what you're attempting to build.

Go ahead and do it... I'm not trying to talk you out of building a deck if you think it's fun, but don't waste your time/money if you think this will be actually competitive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzombor
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011

in Tournament 5

What's this?

All that was meant by that was a hypothetical Magic The Gathering Tournament using the 5 Color format and current B&R List on the 5-color.com site. Actual ante woudn't be allowed by the store because of "breaking the law" (not to even get into the proxies thing). Gentleman's ante would most likely be used in it's place.

Illusions, Donate, REB, GG.
    Update:

Survival is going in the Brown Deck:

Discard Big Platz, Get a Welder. Sounds reasonable.

Rush of Knowledge is also looking spicy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011 edited

Heh... Trix. Don't forget your Necropotences.

Rush of Knowledge is junk. You should use your draw spells to set up your bombs, not the other way around. Think Thirst for Knowledge and Fact or Fiction. Instant speed, cheap, and dump things into your graveyard.
    FINALLY some deck talk. Thought I was dealing with DJ CloseMind and MC ZeroCreativity over there for a second.

Yes, the good cards are all there don't jump off the deep end.

Found another cool lil' interaction - turns out that Masticore discard isn't always bad. Cha Ching!

Fear the Dynamo.
    Posted By: DipstikHeh... Trix. Don't forget your Necropotences.

Zombor can attest to the fact that I had a fully powered, non-proxied 5C Trix deck at one point. OF COURSE it ran 4x Skull. That deck didn't do a whole lot of winning at the time primarily because people liked exalted angel and that one elephant alot.

I'm like, take 20, they're like, well I'm at 24. Bad News Bears.

You can do some things with the Skull in 5 - Trinks into Ivory Tower, Renewed Faith...

The deck is there if one is willing to actually mess with it rather than blanket-dismiss things like some Type 2 player.
    Another way the Brown deck can go is the Prison route rather than the ControlSlaver Route.

I'm talking like 8x Geddons, Winter Orb, Icy, Ganda, 4 Loams. The win would be to Tinker out a Karn or play a Tit's Song and go to work.
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2011 edited

Posted By: DipstikMy aggro deck runs aven mindcensor... that's a fantastic card. I win on turn 4 pretty consistently by beating down with creatures and burn to the dome. You won't resolve a pentavus against me either. Even budget decks like "Cheaty Red" will trounce what you're attempting to build.

...was talking about "not getting there" in the Flash matchup. No hate. Save the trash talk until after you install MWS and get all the pics. Then it might mean something.

Posted By: DipstikGo ahead and do it... I'm not trying to talk you out of building a deck if you think it's fun, but don't waste your time/money if you think this will be actually competitive.

Writing things off without data is fun and makes people feel good about themselves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2011

I am pretty good at 5-color, and I know what I'm talking about. Disregard my advice if you like, but flash and aggro will continue existing despite your protestations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogger42
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2011

I find MWS to be total jank when it comes to 100+ card formats. Cockatrice.de or whatever the site is has a pretty quality program, I'd say. But no one plays 5-C on there.
    Pretty much like real life, actually.

Some thoughts: Tezz, old and new
    Copper Gnomes. Legacy's breaking the dude as we speak. In fact, just look at that deck this year.
    I like Master Transmuter as well. He most likely eats a bolt, but still counts towards Blue.
    Wurmcoil Engine beats Aggro pretty bad. Unless he gets StoP'd (sad face). But worth considering some slots for lifelink creatures in there. Maybe even SFM and Batter-face.
    Posted By: frogger42I find MWS to be total jank when it comes to 100+ card formats..

How so?

It's awesome and when you get all the pics going it looks good too. The one thing is to avoid F2. And that's minor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChimaera
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2011

It could certainly be more responsive when dealing with the large decks. And I believe the shuffling algorithm breaks down a bit once you surpass 100 cards.

MWS is finally falling behind with the release of the 2face cards and no real support for them besides workarounds. The dev's have not and will not release an update for the last 4-5 years.

Never installed cockatrice and probably will not but its nice someone is taking up the torch.
    Posted By: frogger42I like Master Transmuter as well. He most likely eats a bolt, but still counts towards Blue.
    Wurmcoil Engine beats Aggro pretty bad. Unless he gets StoP'd (sad face). But worth considering some slots for lifelink creatures in there. Maybe even SFM and Batter-face.

It's not the end of the world FFS. 1-for-1 removal OMFG! My guy got bolted, my spell got countered! The tears are welling up and the sudden urge to hide in the corner is overtaking me!

Your Troll Ascetic just ate an Edict, you'll be needing this pistol.

For Cryin' Out Loud Guy!
    I mean, how good is untapping with Thran Dynamo in play?

The only thing it doesn't do is block a Goblin Cadet.
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2012 edited

The reason there hasn't been a list put up yet is because I have 3 different builds right now.

1) All the SVG artifact stuff with 4x Mindslaver and 4x Upheaval.
    2) A Prison variant with 8x Propaganda, 12x Geddon, Winter Orb, and Karn.
    3) Juggernaut.dec with 4x Squee 4x Masticore, 4x like Juggs, 4x Synod Centurian and all the artifact friends. (Still considering whether the Steel Golem/Grid Monitor + Snake Basket Combo belongs)

This testing led to an inference. The last real card to be banned in this format was Black Bringer, the last card before that was Sundering Titan. What card is a whole lot like Sundering Titan (but different in important ways) - Primeval Titan. So food for thought there maybe a deck out there around getting the Titan into play hasted, searching up 2x Wasteland, attacking and then searching up your other 2 (it feels like you've been Sundered, but a little less bad because no Welder shenans).

Thoughts?

EDIT: Yes, they come in tapped, still, you got Wastelanded 4x. What now?