Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011

For being TOO GOOD!

I kid you not... Toyrific in Hudson, Wisconsin has just given me and one of my friends the boot because other players complained we won too much. No allegations of cheating, just that we're showing up and taking all the prizes. Oh and about those prizes... everyone gets a pack for entering, and the prizes are usually something like 4, 3, 2, 1. We even started building different legacy decks every week to keep it interesting.

Has anyone ever heard of such bullshit before?
    •  
      CommentAuthorzombor
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2011

It's their store. Get over it. If they hadn't, they'd probably lose all their players.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMotumbo

Are these DCI sanctioned? Because if they are ... you can file a complaint with the DCI and get their Premeire status taken away.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzombor

Oh, im going to work on the B&R page tonight. I promise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJD.5
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2011

Well, if anything, that is massively awesome bragging rights. "Oh yeah? Well I got kicked out a place for being too good. What do you think of that, chump!?" ... er something like that.

That's a serious shame that the store did that. Yeah, it's their store but that is fucking ridiculous.

If the store understood anything about Human Psychology, they'd understand that playing people better than their own skill tests their abilities and causes them to gain experience and value. That's how kids get better. They start by thinking Scaled Wurm is a king amongst men and then come to realize that maybe playing better cards will yield results. Progress. But whatever... people cry way too much when their shitty "Vanilla Creature.dec" loses to, um, oh, I don't know... something that took more than a six-pack of PBR and a bowl to make.

This may sound ridiculous but does your-er, I mean 'that', store have a proxy policy for their Legacy play? Sounds dumb but it might just be that your collection is superior, allowing you to build all sorts of decks, which is in effect making it more difficult for others to compete. Either way... dumb.

Oh yeah, thanks Zombor for getting that page up! Maybe now I can finally direct those "Sandwich 5" kids to a real man's B&R.