Not signed in (Sign In)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogger42
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2011

So, the reason: Commander. It's the 500-lb Pheldagriff in the room. Here's the Q: WotC has decided to print new cards that, I believe, are 1.5 and T1 playable. Is there any reason not to have them 5-C legal, other than they're jerks?

Here's a partial spoiler:

http://www.gatheringmagic.com/magic-the-gathering-commander/magic-the-gathering-commander-spoilers/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2011

If by "they're jerks" you mean "Zombor's a jerk," then you'd be right... there would be no other reason to not let them be 5-color legal. I just kind of assumed they would be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzombor
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011

If it's a normal magic card, it's legal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJD.5
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2011

That 'Storm-able Force Spike' is shitarded insane.

Also, Chaos Warp can hit lands, which is super tight.

End Trolling.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogger42
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011

Didn't want to start a post about M12, b/c it's mostly jank, but did you see that new Ancestral? Visions of Beyond seems like it should be restricted, though I haven't played it yet. Unless 5-C is much faster than I was thinking it was. At least it pitches to Force if you don't have super-threshold.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2011

I just typed out about 4 responses and deleted them because they all pretty much boiled down to "you're fucking retarded." Then I took a breath and decided not to say it. That was really hard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogger42
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2011

Not to be captain obvious, but you did say it. Even though you decided not to. But I appreciate all the effort you put into maintaining the boards, as your insightful responses make those rare warm moments possible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2011

I did? Oops. Didn't realize I was typing out loud there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJD.5
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2011

Well, I've come to realize kids will practically blow you for that psuedo-Recall. It feels great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogbs
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2011

> I just typed out about 4 responses and deleted them because they all pretty much boiled down to "you're fucking retarded." Then I took a breath and decided not to say it. That was really hard.

Just wondering why nobody posts on this board anymore, in your opinion?

VoB should be great in this format but not restrict-worthy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2011

Probably all the idiots posting about restricting shitty cards that no one plays. I like how your opinion includes "should be." Never played with it or against it, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogbs
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2011

how could i? everyone around here got sick of the bullshit attitudes and weird rule changes and quit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2011

And yet... you're STILL whining. Fascinating.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogbs
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2011

dude

>Probably all the idiots posting about restricting shitty cards that no one plays.

there's like, one new thread per set and you even gripe about that. i don't really see you contributing anything other than trying to weakly troll other posters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogbs
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2011

i gotta give you some credit though for actively trying to turn people away from a dying format
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2011 edited

Do you even read my posts or do you just bitch at random?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogbs
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2011

yeah and nearly every single one is some variant of "lol u dumb"

do you even have an argument here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2011

Well I did... that Frogger42 is dumb. Are we still talking about that? I thought we were talking about how you don't play 5-color in any form, yet you still come here and complain about how I'm apparently driving away new players from the format. I chuckled a bit at that, but now I'm bored. Go build a deck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogbs
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2011

i have a deck. wish people still cared about the format.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJD.5
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2011

To be totally fair, I just trolled the 250-Magic site, 5-color.org, and the last comment posted within roughly a year is a guy asking if anyone would be interested in trying to create a 5-Color 2.0 format. What this is getting at is that blaming Dipstik for scaring people away from the format is hardly fair. Do I think it sucks that practically no one is on these forums? Yeah, but no one is on their forums and they were "nice" to each other... and debated about banning Chaos Orb at one point in time.

Just thought I'd add my 2 totally useless cents to the conversation at hand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChimaera
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011

I check both every morning as it usually takes a second, maybe 1 new post a month. Although there has been a lot of uppity posts here recently, adds to the mornings entertainment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik

See, BS? I'm ATTRACTING readers to the forum! So go eat a dick, eh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJD.5

Posted By: ChimaeraI check both every morning as it usually takes a second, maybe 1 new post a month. Although there has been a lot of uppity posts here recently, adds to the mornings entertainment.

Ha, well, thanks I suppose. Although chances are you are probably not talking about my posts being uppity anyhow...
    •  
      CommentAuthorChimaera
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2011

To be fair I even check out the threads posted by spamming bots, so quality certainly is not a factor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2011

That certainly does not surprise me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrogbs
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2011

I'm not saying Dipstik in particular is driving people away. Back when 5-C was huge in Manitowoc we'd get a bunch of out-of-towners in for a big tournament that sometimes led to our regulars just quitting. It's not "5-C players have always been tough on each other", it's "5-C players are being dicks to people they've never met". I've seen people straight up drop after the first round after being paired up against an obnoxious opponent. It's not even fun winning these things because you have to put up with so much griping and bitching about how lucky you got. Maybe I'm overstating it a bit but I've seen firsthand how newer players basically get berated out of the format, so I'm not really surprised that it's basically dead 5 years later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik

Have you ever been to a T1 tournament? Legacy? Extended? T2? Draft? Sealed?

Maybe you should take up checkers. Oh wait... run a tournament for checkers at MPB with a cash prize, advertise it on the internet, and watch what happens. Also, you've once against changed topics. It'd be easier (but still not easy) to take you seriously if you knew what it was exactly that you were complaining about and stuck to that complaint.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzombor

> Maybe I'm overstating it a bit

I think you are.

> I've seen people straight up drop after the first round after being paired up against an obnoxious opponent.

I've also been to lots of tournaments up there, and never experienced any of what you are describing. Most of us actually wanted new players, so why would we berate them into quitting? I and many of the people I played with were nothing but nice to new players or people investigating the format.

> but I've seen firsthand how newer players basically get berated out of the format, so I'm not really surprised that it's basically dead 5 years later.

That's really not the reason why it's basically dead. It's not Dipstik. He's not this way irl. He's a soft pussy cat. Really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDipstik

That's not what your mom said, zombor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzombor

Yeah she did. She's a very reliable source of information.